Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love - Day 3

Wow! I have not been feeling the best this week. Everything has seemed to catch up with me this week, so most of my free time after school this week has been spent sleeping. I have missed my daily routine of checking in and writing posts on my blog (as boring as they may be...ha ha).


I have been thinking about what I would post today to catch up on the monthly LOVE challenge. I thought I would go and write about what I LOVE about Valentine's Day.


Most of my years in college, my friend, Heidi, and I would celebrate the day by making fun of it. I was a cynic about how someone could love someone and want to be "mushy-mushy" in love. Little did I know that I would find someone that would make me feel this way. I remember Valentine's Day every year now (especially now, as I am writing this) as the day of our first kiss. Technically, it was February 15, since I didn't want the cliche of having my first kiss on Valentine's Day. Silly I know, but I had been so burned by relationships along the way before meeting Cory that I didn't want to rush into something that could cause me hurt.

Now, after 14 years, I love Cory so much. I cannot imagine life without him. Just tonight he reminded me of how my life could have been so much different had I not gone to the University of Nebraska and met him. I do not even want to imagine life without Cory or Alex or Ian.


This year, I am so excited about going on a date with Cory tonight. This will be our first night alone!! ever since we've moved to Georgia back in July. Holy cow! I can't believe it's been that's long. I can't wait. The boys are spending the night at my friend Jen's house, so I know that I don't need to worry about them. Cory and I are just looking forward to being alone and enjoying a nice dinner (we're going to try a "new" restuarant for the night. Figure if we go early we might avoid the crowds).


While the roses and attention are nice, I appreciate those gestures at other completely unknown times. Roses mean so much more to me when I am not expecting them in the least. Tonight I am just going to enjoy being alone with my husband for one entire night. :-)

(here Cory is doing what he loves - relaxing, playing video games, and being with Ian and Sherman. He likes Alex & Patches too, they just weren't around. LOL)

1 comment:

Le@nne said...

I haven't posted here before, but I love your down to earth blog. I see you already have a friendship award, but I just awarded you another!
Le@nne SS