Friday, January 30, 2009

The Letter "D"

I was reading my friend Cyn's Blog and she posted a list of 10 things she loved starting with the letter L. I thought it would be fun to do too, so she gave me the letter D. This was a bit harder than I first envisioned when I saw the letter.

10 Things I love that start with D.....

1. Dear husband, Cory. I cannot imagine life without him. I know I was hung up on the whole name thing back in college when we were first dating, but now it's unique that my husband and I have the same name. He truly is my best friend and I love him completely. :-)

2. Duluth High School. I was not sure what to expect when I moved down here and started teaching at DHS. I love it!! I love my colleagues. I have not had the privilege of working with so many wonderful people who are so helpful. I have not had to deal with the typical petty drama that usually happens at work. I have a great group of men and women I work with, and the students are wonderful. They are great!!

3. Dramas. I watch a lot of tv and most of them are dramas such as CSI, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Desparate Housewives, and Brothers and Sisters.

4. my brother Daniel. I wish that I could go out to Salt Lake City and visit him. He's lived out there for almost 5 years, and I have not been out to see him. The only visits we've had have been when he's been in Nebraska.

5. Digital camera. Love how I am able to take all the pictures I want at a time without having to worry about running out of film.

6. Digital video recorder (Tivo). Since I love watching tv, I love my dvr. I am able to record all my shows without having to worry about making sure there is a tape in there or anything.

7. Die-cuts, double-sided paper, and all other scrapbooking related items. I love my scrapbooking hobby. It is so relaxing to create memories that will last beyond the present. I love how excited Ian is to show someone his kitty album. Or how Alex loves to see how he reacted when he got that Christmas present years ago. I have also met some of my best friends through scrapbooking.

8. Diving into a good book. I love to read. Unfortunately, there is not enough hours in the day to read. I need to make sure that I find time to read everyday.

9. Dinner out. No mess, and everyone is able to order their favorite food.

and last but not least,
10. my dear children. They may aggrevate and irrate me some days, but they are a joy to me. I don't know what I would do without them in my life.


If you want to play along, post in the comments section and I will go to your blog and put your letter in your comments.

No comments: