Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Beauty - Day 27

Today there is beauty in music. I love music. Have to have it on in the car. Sing in the shower. Listen to the radio or my iPod during my planning period and before/after school. I was in choir and band during high school. Marching band in college where I met some of my best friends, including my dear husband. I miss playing my clarinet on a regular basis, although, I am not sure when I would find the time to be a part of a regular ensemble now. I could not imagine my life without music in it.


This year, Alex started going to a middle school. He was also able to start playing in band. He was so excited to be in band. Cory and I were excited for him too. I was thrilled to pieces when he chose the clarinet (and no I did not persuade him in anyway). Tonight, Alex had his first concert. For a group of first year players, they were actually pretty good. Even Ian was able to recognize their version of We Will Rock You by Queen. It was a good time, and I couldn't have been prouder of Alex. He even let me take this picture of him after the concert. :-)


1 comment:

Traci said...

That's so cool that he picked the clarinet! Musical ability can give kids such confidence I think. And the opportunity to play in a band is such fun too because it gives a whole other meaning to the idea of teamwork.