Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Beauty -- Day 6

Today's search finds me appreciating the beauty of technology. I have been reading a few of my friends' blog for a few months now and loved how they were able to find a way to express their thoughts, feelings, and ideas. I told myself that I would use this year to start blogging. I know that as I become more involved with my doctoral program and writing my dissertation, it will be nice to have this blog to go back and read and savor even just the little things in life. Like tonight, I was able to spend time with Ian. Our routine this school year has been for him to read his "bag book" to me after dinner/before bed. I am so proud of how well he can read and his love for reading. He was so excited that he was almost to the next level in his PIR folder (passport into reading program from school where he is rewarded for all the books he reads). We took even more time to read Mittens and The Creepy Countdown so that Ian was ready for his next level tomorrow. I am so thankful for the time, as little as it is sometimes, that I am able to spend with Ian and Alex.

No comments: