I was reading my friend Bry's blog, and she had played along with the Saturday 9.
I am trying to blog more often, so these memes are a chance to do just that.
This week's theme is HEATWAVE
1. It's July. How has the weather been where you are? Living in Georgia has not been as hot as everyone told me it was going to be, but then again, I have been spending my time being a couch potato while on summer break ;-) Tonight it's about 60 degrees and we have the windows open listening to the bugs.
2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat? I am the first one to run inside to the air conditioning. Although, if I liked wearing my swimsuit, I would be in the water a lot more.
3. "It's not the heat, it's the humidity". Do you buy that? Oh yeah. The humidity is worse to handle than the heat. I can handle the heat, well, some of the time anyway.
4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas? Hot tubs are fun, but then again, that would require me to put on a bathing suit. Saunas are just too hot, yuck. Although, like Bry said, both can be fun with the right company.
5. What's the hottest you've ever been? Guess they mean temperature-wise. Summers in Nebraska could get hot - 100+ temps every once in a while.
6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer? When we found out we were moving to Georgia, Alex's first thoughts were about going to the beach. It's been a year later, and unfortunately, we still have not made it to the beach. We are looking to a possible trip in the future, but if it was closer than 6 hours away, I'm sure we'd be at the beach a lot more often.
7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer? I was always outside. My brother and I would ride bikes, play in the yard, play with friends, and run in the sprinkler. Summer vacations were carefree times. I have been blessed to watch my sons so much of the same this summer.
8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf? No surfing here.
9. What's your favorite summer song? My fav the last couple of summer's has been Kid Rock's All Summer Long. I crank it up on the radio whenever I hear it.