Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Recap Part III

We hung out at mom's quite a bit. I had two shadows the whole time; Pepper (the lighter colored one) was a happy camper to be able to sleep with me most nights in a bed instead of on the floor in mom's room. Ruby (the daschund) was happy to have someone new to lick...lol.

I was fortunate enough to meet up and hang out with a few of my best friends from college. I met up in Lincoln with Christy and Mary (clarinet buddies from UNL :-) ) and Kelli, who was my boss at Taco Bell. Kelli had moved to Texas years ago, and I have not been able to see her since 2005. Of course, since we were in Omaha, we met up with each other at the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo. If you ever are in the area, the zoo is a definite must see. One of the tops in the U.S.
The gorillas are a crowd stopper in their new habitat (it was open a couple of years ago).


In all the times I have visited the zoo, there have not been this many orangutans hanging around on the nets. They were putting on quite the show for the visitors.

This year's addition to the zoo was the Skyfari. This was definitely Ian's favorite part of our visit this time. It was a nice 10 minute ride over the giraffes, cheetahs, Garden of the Senses, koi pond with spider monkeys, elephants, and rhinos.

Mom and Alex all smiles as they ride.


No comments: