Monday, July 20, 2009

Recap of visit to Nebraska

As I wrote earlier, we left on June 19 to meet mom in St. Louis. We had a nice drive up through Tennessee, Kentucky, and Illinois.

This is outside of Chattanooga, can't remember the name of the water though. I just like driving through that quick stretch outside of Chattanooga.
One of the first towns we go through in Illinois is Metropolis. I just had to take a picture as this reminds me of my friend, Rob, who is the biggest Superman nut I know ;-)

Outside of Mt. Vernon, Illinois, we drove along and watch these clouds transform into a storm. They were so pretty, so I just took a whole bunch of pictures (gotta love digital cameras). We were fortunate to not have to worry about running into the storm.


On Saturday morning, we got up early to head to the Jefferson Expansion National Park (St. Louis Arch). When we moved to Georgia last year and drove through St. Louis, Alex's first words were that he wanted to go up in the Arch. Last year, we didn't have the time to stop. This year, we made sure to take the boys up there. How often do you get this chance? My suggestion would be to get there super early, so that you don't have to wait in line. We didn't have to wait in any lines going through security or going up on the tram. We were even the only ones up in the observation deck for a few minutes. When we left though, the wait was probably at least an hour or so to get up to the observation deck (pics posted in next post - blogger is not cooperating here with me).

No comments: