Monday, June 29, 2009

Friends

I was sitting here the other day thinking about this post. I count myself blessed to have so many friends that I could call and have help me at a moment's notice. While this is a blessing, I sometimes feel like I don't have any friends, weird huh? I sit on my computer and talk to people. I'll sit and talk to my husband. I'll talk to people while at work. And yet, here I sit while at my mom's and have only seen friends who happen to be visiting others while in Nebraska too. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining by any means, but what happened to the days of spending all our time with friends? I look at my oldest son whom I've hardly seen the last few days because he's been hanging out with his old friends. Lucky him. Why as adults we don't do that? Is it because of our own priorities in our lives? Are we too busy for our friends? Do we rely too much on technology these days to communicate for us?
I just happened to be thinking about all this the other day, and I think it was because I miss my friends here in Omaha. While that that's true, I truly appreciate and care for all my new friends that I've been fortunate to meet since moving to Georgia. Maybe it's just because of the different paths we seem to take now as adults.
I am just so thankful for all the people I consider my FRIEND :-)

No comments: