Wednesday, June 17, 2009

As we get older...

I think we really do get wiser...lol ;-)
I was thinking about this post today while I was working out. If I would have known 15 years ago that I would be so concerned about my health and such, I probably would have not eaten so much fast food in college...lol.

We joined Lifetime Fitness last month, and we have all enjoyed going together as a family. Alex is excited about his birthday in August since he will be considered an "adult" at Lifetime, so he'll be able to hang out upstairs with Cory and I on the machines and weights. Today, I was pretty proud of myself. While the weight may not be coming off as quickly as I'd like, there are other benefits for me. I was able to run on the treadmill for quite a while today. Doesn't really sound like much of an accomplishment, but I used to not be able to handle even a minute. My endurance is increasing, and I know that in the long run I will get to my goal.

Just need to keep pluggin' away....

No comments: